Home > Germany
Germany Job Seeker Visa
• The Germany Jobseeker Visa is an initiative by the German Federal Government to encourage qualified, skilled immigrants, to enter into the country, find a job of their choice, and settle to work in the long term.
• By obtaining this visa, a skilled worker gets access to the German job market. He can enter the country, travel anywhere, and look out for a job at a local level.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher (master’s degree) in subjects related to STEM (from a recognized University)
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in an occupation that has high demand in Germany’s labor market*
• Sufficient funds to prove that you can stay in Germany without any financial dependency on the government or any other body
• Medical Coverage plan (that takes care of your health-related expenses until you receive a German Work Permit
• Processing time to get Germany Job Seeker Visa
According to the general rule of the consulate, the processing time of a German Job Seeker Visa takes nearly 4 to 6 weeks.
However, this processing time majorly depends upon how quick you are in submitting all the documents that are required for the process.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the job seeker application form carefully and have a thorough check. Print it and sign it at the end of the application.
Step 2: Book an appointment with the German mission in your home country as you may get a date of 3 months later.
Step 3: Gather all the documents required according to the document checklist. Keep the documents either in English or German language.
Step 4: Reach the embassy office on the day of the appointment on time. Make sure you have all the documents with you.
Step 5: Pay the fees required for a German seeker visa, and you will receive a receipt for the application process.
What should be done when you get a job in 6 months in Job Seeker Visa?
a. Apply for EU Blue Card:
To get an EU Blue Card, you need to have an employment offer of 44,800 euros per annum salary or at least 34,944 euros salary per annum in the STEM field.
You can directly apply for the permanent residence permit in Germany by 33 months on the EU Blue Card. By proving German language skills, you can get the same in 21 months.
b. Apply for Employment Residence Permit:
In this kind of permit, mostly the employer will sponsor you, or else you can also do it on your own. After 5 years, you can apply for a permanent residence permit.
Along with this, you get get your family members by Family Reunion Long Term Visa. But you and your family members have to fulfill the requirements for it.
know more updates about Germany visa.
Germany is actively searching for skilled foreign workers in occupations that are facing a shortage, such as engineers, technicians, scientists, and IT professionals.
With over 1.2 million job vacancies available in the German job market, there are ample opportunities for qualified applicants to find employment.
Active No of Jobs
Salary in Euro per Year
Full Stack Engineer/Developer
Front End Engineer/Developer
Business analyst, product owner
Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber security engineer, cyber security specialist
Construction engineer, Civil engineer, architect, project manager
Customer Contact Representative, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Officer
Chef, commis-chef, sous chef, cook
HR Manager, HR Coordinator, HR Generalist, HR Recruiter
Data Engineering, SQL, Tableau, Apache Spark, Python (Programming Language
Test engineer, software test engineer, Quality engineer
Digital Strategist, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Consultant, Social Media Marketing Manager, Growth Specialist, Sale Manager
Project Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer,
Mechanical Engineer, Service Engineer
Electrical Engineer, Project engineer, Controls engineer
Manager, Director pharma, Clinical Research, Drug Development
Data Science Engineer
Back End Engineer